Biothane Care and Longevity
Biothane is a very durable product. It is made of nylon core coated in a proprietary waterproof coating which gives it incredible strength and durability. It is not, however, indestructible so check out the tips on this page to help extend the care of your items.
- Biothane may fade with extended exposure to solar rays. So- when your dog is not wearing the collar, store it out of direct sunlight.
- Biothane can be stained by contact with some metals or rust. It is recommended that you store your collars unbuckled when not being worn.
- Biothane is water proof and we take care to seal the ends of our biothane collars and leashes with a chemical product called Bio Seal, which helps prevent the ends from looking ragged or dirty. However, the holes for your collar buckle can not be sealed. Additionally, metallic hardware will be affected by moisture. So- after swimming, remove your dog’s collar, rinse it to remove pool chemicals or salts, pat and then hang to dry. This will help extend the new look and the longevity of your products.
- Do gently cleanse and inspect your gear regularly using the instructions below.
- let your collar or leashes sit in damp or in rain/water- hardware may rust
- store your collars in direct sunlight or at high temps
- store your collars while buckled
- machine clean or use chemicals to clean
- use abrasive scrubbies or brushes to clean
- Use luke warm water with blue dawn dishsoap and a soft rag to cleanse your biothane gear. Pat with towel and then hang to dry.
With good care, your biothane will last for years and maintain it’s nice appearance and sturdy function!